market-farming - Re: thinning radishes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: thinning radishes
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 05:57:01 -0400

Here, no matter how they're thinned, they're elongated. Still
taste as good (we eat all these ourselves), just different shape, so it doesn't
bother me. Just curious.

Help me here, folks: isn't a failure to 'globe' indicative of a phosphorous deficiency. An application of good bone meal, about 1cup per 10 row ft will (or so I have read) plump them up?

I'm hoping to hear of the direct experiences of other growers.

Thanks

-Allan

  • Re: thinning radishes, Allan Balliett, 07/13/2002