market-farming - farming in the heat

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Nan Johnson" <nan AT olemiss.edu>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: farming in the heat
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:46:31 -0700

After years of straw hats and caps, I invested in a special shade hat with a removable drape around it (lightweight, sunproof material) from SunPrecautions (a company for folks who have high risk of skin cancer - these are considered medical devices)

...Hat cost $37.00 but considered it a sound investment and of course, I don't lose it the way I did the cheap straw hats, etc.  Doesn't blow off, etc.  I look goofy but who cares....

They are also sell special shirts, pants, socks, etc.  Check them out at www.sunprecautions.com   They will send you their 47 page catalog for free.

Thanks, Liz for tip about drinking BEFORE going out, I forgot that!
nan j.
dancing goats farm
n. mississippi

  • farming in the heat, Nan Johnson, 06/10/2002