market-farming - Re: fertigation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: fertigation
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 21:28:46 EDT

In a message dated 4/16/02 4:45:14 PM Central Daylight Time, joan AT windwalker-farm.com writes:

Having just gotten 9 - 150' rows covered with plastic mulch and drip hose -

Joan how did you anchor it down, the last two days of these high winds 35 to 55 gusts took care of all the plastic we had laid.  It is no fun cutting that stuff out of my neighbors fences.  You did a better job laying by hand than we did with equipment.  Hope you have had some rain this spring,we have only had .02 since last Sept, and it is so dry that all we are planting in is soil that works like sugar, has not been a fun experience.

Phil from Iowa