market-farming - Re: Lights

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ed Clifford" <hmdrawrod AT citlink.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Lights
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 08:58:02 -0400

Jill:
I would say yes. The more light a plant has the better. The only
exception to this is plants that require darkness to flower, i.e.:
poinsettia. I also assume that you are talking about just the starts. If a
plant was going to be left under the lights for an extended part of its life
I would worry about stress. I would guess the same as humans, you can grow,
spend hours partying into the night, and wake up at sun-up for work and do
it all over again,..... while your very young. If I tried that now I'd
break.
Ed