market-farming - Re: clover

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: clover
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:49:40 -0500

Beth,
I am sure that the clover seed will last through the spring frosts - as
it can propagate itself by seed. I have also heard of the method of
spreading seed on ground, and the freezing and thawing creates cracks for
the seeds to lodge in. So I am sure you could plant your seed anytime. The
only issue around where I live would be windiness - wouldn't want to lose
the seed by broadcasting it on a dry windy day, or having a dry windy day
soon after to blow away the seed.

If your area is small enough, a light raking would help the seed stick,
I would think.

Jill

> Jill, How much before frost can Dutch White Clover be planted. Our last
> frost date is late May and was wondering if it can take some cool weather
or
> do I need to wait. Thanks Beth
>
> I like Dutch White Clover - although I bought a bit of New Zealand clover
> try this year.
> Jill
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to as: jdt AT itol.com
> leave-market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu

  • Clover, Hook Family, 04/10/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Clover, JohnWages, 04/10/2002
    • Re: Clover, Jill Taylor Bussiere, 04/10/2002
    • clover, Hook Family, 04/11/2002
    • Re: clover, Jill Taylor Bussiere, 04/11/2002
    • Re: Clover, M McGuire, 04/11/2002