market-farming - Re: Clover

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: JohnWages <jwages AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Clover
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 06:58:04 -0700

We too are looking for living mulches to evaluate. However, our climate
(northeast MS) brings special challenges. Clovers tend to go dormant
during our hot, humid summers. If anyone from the South has
recommendations (and seed sources!) for warm-weather covers (both
legumes, non-legumes; annual or perennial) worthy of evaluation, I would
be greatly appreciative.

John Wages
Tupelo, MS
jwages AT earthlink.net

Hook Family wrote:

> I'd like to try some living mulches this year. I have read that the
> clovers are good. There are annual clovers and perennial clovers which is
> best? My main goal is weed control added N would be a bonus. My other
> question would be how much before last frost date could I plant? Thanks
> Beth
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to as: jwages AT earthlink.net
> leave-market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu

  • Clover, Hook Family, 04/10/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Clover, JohnWages, 04/10/2002
    • Re: Clover, Jill Taylor Bussiere, 04/10/2002
    • clover, Hook Family, 04/11/2002
    • Re: clover, Jill Taylor Bussiere, 04/11/2002
    • Re: Clover, M McGuire, 04/11/2002