market-farming - Re: water wheel planters

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: water wheel planters
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:28:12 EDT

In a message dated 4/11/02 6:30:43 AM Central Daylight Time, limerock AT thirdplanet.net writes:

Does anyone have any experiences using the water wheel type transplanters?
Good?  Bad?  No different than a mechanical type?

We use a water wheel transplanter and really like it.  The only problem we have is it will bulid up with dirt on the hole makers and if you don't clean them off the hole will get really big.  This is only on really heavy soils like our clay loam.

Phil from Iowa