market-farming - Re: re bunching chard

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mckemie AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: re bunching chard
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:56:47 -0600

> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2
> FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
> Del ;&nbsp; the bags you use for the lettuce ,what kind and where is the
> best source.&nbsp; I need one that has holes in it.&nbsp; Not legal to sell
> in sealed bags.<BR>
> <BR>
> Phil from iowa<BR>

I've been selling spinach in sealed bags for several years with good
results and have not been aware that there was any legal problem.
Some grocery stores have expressed concern about shelf life, but the
shelf life has been a week or so.

Please tell us what you know about sealed bags being illegal.

--
Willie Onward! Through the Fog! http://austinfarm.org/homegrown
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html