market-farming - Re: bunching onions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: bunching onions
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 07:26:06 -0600

Great idea Lori.  Scallions always sold well for me at the market.  I actually harvested from the same area for 3 years from one original planting.  They were fine.

Weeds were always the biggest pain with the direct seeding approach.
I'm wondering if that would work well for Swiss chard.  Same weeding issue.

By the way, this is the approach I use to do lettuces which also sell very well at the market.

Del Williams
Farmer in the Del
Clifton IL