market-farming - Niche for new farmer's market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "gutierrez-lagatta" <gutierrez-lagatta AT charter.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Niche for new farmer's market
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 06:09:08 -0600

Beth,
How about potted culinary herbs? I know of one grower who does quite
nicely in a Farmer's Market doing nothing but this..you can start them
in a greenhouse now from seeds or from plugs and have plenty ready to
sell by June...it's a nice niche and if noboy else is doing it on
opening day you will establish yourself as THE herb people, Good
luck.

Adriana
> I feel like I am 5 years bake in time just before we started the
CSA,
> nervous unsure, yike scared :).
> I am a zone 5 grower opening day is June 18th, guess where I'll be,
in the
> Seattle area at a graduation. To important must go so will miss
opening day
> of farmers market. My first week June 25, yikes what will I have
ready,
> Swiss Chard?

  • Niche for new farmer's market, gutierrez-lagatta, 01/19/2002