market-farming - Re: Raw manure-compost tumbler

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jim and Julie Vaughn <jjvaughn AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Raw manure-compost tumbler
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 06:37:56 -0600

We bought a compost tumbler last summer out of a classified ad in our
local paper and saved a bundle. The 14 days is hard to hit- that must be
with small particle size and their innoculant. It works ok for us. It's
good for reducing volume quickly and does turn out a good quality
compost. We use it mainly for kitchen waste and for clippings off of
raised beds in the yard- where we grow our experimental, low volume
varieties.

All in all- a good tool, but be wary of their claims- and realize your
finished volume from the 18 bu is not that great. It's a tool that works
for us, but it's not in the can't live without it category.

Jim

Rocky Glade Farm
Jim & Julie Vaughn
Eagleville, TN
615-274-3496
jjvaughn AT juno.com
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

  • Re: Raw manure-compost tumbler, Jim and Julie Vaughn, 01/19/2002