market-farming - RE: weasel

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: weasel
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 15:26:05 -0500

40 years ago we lost most all of our pastured poultry flock to varmints which is why I have forever been an opponent of pastured poultry, but back then leg hold traps were common and legal and did a good job of catching varmints, yes I know these traps are cruel and inhumane, but so is a weasel eating your defenceless peeps...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

well, leghold traps are not illegal in VA, but I've already found out that the weasel is much smarter than, say, a rat. (or an Alpine goat.)

  • weasel, Allan Balliett, 12/21/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: weasel, sunnfarm, 12/21/2001
    • RE: weasel, Allan Balliett, 12/21/2001
    • Re: weasel, Karen Cannon, 12/21/2001
    • RE: weasel, marc, 12/22/2001
    • RE: weasel, Allan Balliett, 12/22/2001