market-farming - weasel

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: weasel
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:20:38 -0500

I brought this up on another list, didn't think of bringing it up here, but there's probably al ot of practical varmint knowledge on this list also ;-)

I had a weasel get into my new peeps last week. I lost 100 out of a possible 105. It was very heartbreaking....

I've never seen the weasel. It has avoided rat traps baited with fresh beef liver.

I'd appreciate hearing how others have handled weasels in their chicken operations

Also - does anyone in the Frederick - Leesburg area know of a shop that sells varmint lures?

Thanks

-Allan Balliett
Loudoun Co, VA