market-farming - Re: Winter growing in Zone 3 & 4

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Winter growing in Zone 3 & 4
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 10:05:35 EST

In a message dated 12/4/01 6:16:37 AM Central Standard Time, MMQuiteCon AT aol.com writes:

,
       The reference I know of is Eliot Coleman, zone 3/4.  Read the book,

I have read the book and many other's.  the problem is when it is 20 below zero for along period of time it is 20 below in the hoop house and regardless of how many row covers you have on the lettuce the lettuce will freeze and turn the leaves brown as soon as you harvest it.

Phil from Iowa.