market-farming - Estimating Yield for Garlic and Onions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Estimating Yield for Garlic and Onions
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:34:12 -0400

Can someone help me estimate the yield-per-pound-of-seed for (German) garlic or yellow onion sets?

Another way to ask this question is: how many heads of seed garlic in a pound, how many 'bulbs' of yellow onion sets in a pound.

Knowing this would help me greatly because I'm stuck in mail-order mode for these items.

Thanks

-Allan Balliett
Loudoun Co, VA