market-farming - Re: Business Plans and Farmers' Market exclusivity

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Business Plans and Farmers' Market exclusivity
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 07:46:11 -0500

Marcie - your email yesterday was very timely - especially the part about
market exclusivity. Your observations will go with me to our market meeting
this week end. I'm also donating a copy of The New Farmers' Market to our
market manager. Once again - thanks so much for all your comments and great
information. I, too, would like to see the business plan (probably should
have had it before we started putting in our certified kitchen - but its not
too late to work on it).

Also wanted to comment on your health problems and where the situation has
led you. I am so sorry you can't farm and I know it must be hard seeing
your farm lie fallow but you seem to have discovered an outlet for all your
knowledge and experience and you are very good at it. I know I'm not the
only one who is glad you've taken up the teacher role and are willing to
pass on your knowledge and offer guidance. You really are still farming -
its just alongside lots of us!

thanks - joan
windwalker farm
ottawa, kansas