market-farming - Zambia Re: One-upmanship

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mmneedham AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Zambia Re: One-upmanship
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 13:21:17 EDT

In a message dated 07/07/2001 11:34:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bribon AT cablespeed.com writes:

My parents went to Zambia (Northern Rhodesia then) when I was 12 and we
lived there until I was 18 when I came back to the US to go to college.
Talk about a time warp!

Since you learned as a child that you could live happily without the material
possessions or modern conveniences so many people think they must have, do
you find that you can live comfortably now without material possessions or
conveniences your neighbors consider necessities?

Your tale reminded me of conditions in the Congo in "The Poisonwood Bible"
and how wasteful life here seemed in comparison to life there.

Marj