market-farming - Re: Reasons Not To Go Anywhere

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: marc AT aculink.net
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Reasons Not To Go Anywhere
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 09:49:12 -0600

Dori Green wrote:
> Wisdom is also knowing that like the flu, days like this do get better.
> Even if they aren't the best for marketing or trimming the feet of
> capricious goats, another task I'm going to put off for another day.

---

The kid's around 16 and, of course, it's a wonderful family
that heavily helps less fortunate ones with time, money and
food out of their own pockets and has hansome, tall, strong,
respectful, helpful fantastic kids. The parents so love each
other and their children. Gave up BIG jobs to have a good
family life in a rural area.

Of course - "fantastic kids" - Murphy's law. How could it be
otherwise? The boy was so helpful and cheerful last
Christmas when he helped deliver food packages his folks
bought to needy folks.

We got a call this morning on prayer chain that he was in a
motor vehicle accident last night. The doctors are
supposedly the best around at the regional center. They have
a special emphasis in head trauma.

At best, he'll be paralyzed and severely brain damaged.

He'll probably die over the next few days.

Prognosis was given after the emergency surgeries early this
morning.

Reckon I'm a bit emotional right now but felt this might be
one of them perspective things that makes others lives seem
more better.

Makes me want to paraphrase the fishermans one liner:

"A bad day farming is better than a good day fishing."

Reckon I'll finish up the new egg mobile. Just a couple of
hours left on it & out to pasture. Marcy and the chickens
will like that. 40 layer boxes and coyote proof. Unlike the
winds of life hope the winds of the prairie are more
merciful to the egg mobile.

Marc