market-farming - market-farming Reasons Not To Go To Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dori Green" <dorigreen00 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: market-farming Reasons Not To Go To Market
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 09:23:33 -0400

It all boils down to my clone yourself kit is in the shop. I might actually get something worthwhile done here today. I'm sore, tired, and depressed after a very hard week in which I've spent a thousand dollars cleaning up other peoples' messes and broken promises, and I just can't get "up" to do to the entertainment thing today.

Actually, I'm pretty close to losing it with the next damfool who tells me to hang in there, I'm doing such great work. And doesn't back that up with a purchase or a donation.

There are days that are better spent alone, and maybe wisdom is recognizing them when they arrive.

I don't raise animals for slaughter here -- next best thing, I think, is firing up the DR trimmer and doing some big-time weed destruction. Might also check on-line for prices of flame weeders. One of those might be a lot of fun and very therapeutic on a day like this.

Wisdom is also knowing that like the flu, days like this do get better. Even if they aren't the best for marketing or trimming the feet of capricious goats, another task I'm going to put off for another day.

While I'm still doing everything by myself, if I miss only one market day this summer I'll probably be doing very well.

I did remember to call and leave a message on the market manager's machine. So I'm just in a blue funk, not dangerously depressed. It'll pass within a day or two, especially if I get up and away from the computer and go do something that shows immediate progress. Die, weeds, die! Or at least get chopped and burned before those dock seeds spread.

Dori Green
y'all know where