market-farming - Re: Garlic Scapes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower AT snip.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Garlic Scapes
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 23:51:29 -0400

Lucy wrote:

>I have been pickling them in a curry brine (water, vinegar,
>kosher salt and a tbl spoon of curry powder per quart jar) and using
>them like garlic.

Can you give a more detailed recipe for this? Did you chop up the scapes or
put the coil in whole? What proportion of ingredients and what type of
vinegar (white or cider).

I've never heard of this, but as my Persian Sugar Pickled Garlic is such a
hit, I bet the scapes would go over nicely!

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of