market-farming - [Fwd: dogs]

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: wakely11 AT swbell.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: [Fwd: dogs]
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 17:37:26 -0700

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: wakely11 AT postoffice.swbell.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.edu
  • Subject: dogs
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 10:35:38 -0700
You're exactly right, Shirley. Although we're on 10 acres we're fairly
close to town and people dump dogs out here all the time. I've been
keeping an eye on one for a couple of weeks and noticed yesterday that
the poor thing had been killed by a car. When we had chickens, our
biggest problem was with large pet dogs in the area that were allowed to
run loose. Lost all my chickens and my pet rooster to "neighborhood"
dogs. Had a border collie that killed one of my chickens and I tied the
remains to his collar--that darned thing didn't drop off for two weeks
and smelled so bad, no one would get near him because of the smell. He
never killed another chicken.

Nancy Wakely
Grand Canadian Farm

--- End Message ---