market-farming - Re: goat cheese packaging

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: goat cheese packaging
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 10:44:39 -0500

Beth wrote: > Nan, When I order something like scallops from the fish
area of the grocery store it comes in a plastic container the shape of a
cottage cheese container but the color is a foggy clear color. There are no
holes in the bottom. There is also a size that is 1/2 the size of a cottage
cheese container, oh like soft cream cheese is sold in. I think thats what
you need.

I have also used those containers you describe, Beth, for goat cheese - both
marinated feta and fromage blanc. I bought them from the grocery store - 15
cents for the cottage cheese size, and a bit less for the smaller size.
They work well, but of course aren't as sustainable as the crocks or the
glass containers....

Jill