market-farming - Iowa Cafe meeting

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jeffery Blake" <echoecho AT bedford.heartland.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Iowa Cafe meeting
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 01:01:36 -0500

I went to the Iowa Cafe meeting last week. I would like to encourage anyone
in Iowa to attend the next sessions. There are about four more meetings
coming up at locations all around Iowa.
Sponsored by the Practical Farmers of Iowa, the leopold center for
sustainable agriculture, Iowa state extension and the NRCS.

Centered around discussions on local food systems and alternative marketing.

This is a good example of the new willingness of many of our government
organizations and state extension services to consider local food systems.

Even if you experienced marketers don't learn anything about marketing it is
well worth attending to show your support of these kind of efforts by these
agencies. Also get to meet lots of interesting people both doing what we do
and aiming for the same goals.

For more info do a search for Practical Farmers of Iowa.