market-farming - Re: mfd: May 23, 2001 eating locally

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marcie Rosenzweig <fullcircle AT jps.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: mfd: May 23, 2001 eating locally
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 07:14:36 -0700

Hi Robin, et al,

The Goldsmidt study was updated in 1995 by as a macro-social economics
study Dean McCannell, PhD and Bill Blake, MA of UC Davis. Partially funded
by a grant ( from I believe Kellogg, but could be wrong) it was never
published because the funder disagreed with the formuli for data analysis.
It more than supported Goldschmidt and went even further in the number of
communities and parameters analyzed. If I remember correctly, McCannell is
a Cornell alum so it may be possible someone around your department has
contact with him.

Marcie

Marcie A. Rosenzweig
Full Circle
3377 Early Times Ln
Auburn, CA 95603-7900
(530) 885-9201

  • Re: mfd: May 23, 2001 eating locally, Marcie Rosenzweig, 05/26/2001