market-farming - Re: Bio Extract (BE)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marlin L Burkholder <gleneco1 AT juno.com>
  • To: potzkai AT hotmail.com, market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Bio Extract (BE)
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 22:13:25 -0400

> >.....According to him, an agricultural researcher Phd from Thailand
>
> >developed
> >the formula for making and applying BE.
>
> Please let me know how your nutrient try out goes. I have a friend
> trying
> the sound and nutrient system and haven't seen any positive

Jaqueline

Bioextract has nothing to do with sound systems used to stimulate plant
growth. It is a homemade mixture of water, something containing sugar,
and waste vegetable material which is allowed to steep for a period of
time in a fashion similar to what is done to make compost tea. This
steeping process results in the extraction of beneficial bacteria, and
plant nutrients naturally found in decomposing plant material. The
sugars found in the molasses or other sugar bearing material used in the
mixture provides an energy source for the multiplication of these
beneficial bacteria which are involved in the decomposition process of
organic matter both in the mixture and in the soil to which the extract
is later applied, which then results in the release of plant nutrients
from the OM to become available for uptake by the growing crop.

I have read in the past of experiments with playing of music or the
playing of nature sounds such as singing birds or crickets chirping which
supposedly stimulates plants to grow better. One researcher referred to
his process as "sonic bloom" as I can recall. This is an intriguing idea
but far removed from anything related to what makes Bioextract work.

Marlin from VA.

  • Bio Extract (BE), Marlin L Burkholder, 05/24/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Bio Extract (BE), Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai, 05/24/2001
    • Re: Bio Extract (BE), Marlin L Burkholder, 05/24/2001