market-farming - Tomato packaging

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lee Brittain" <TomatoLee AT aol.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Tomato packaging
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 20:32:32 -0400

Hello everyone, I just recently got onto the board. I've had a garden for
nine years now, since I was seven. Anyway, I have 500 tomato plants, and
I was wondering if anyone knew of ways to stack them in boxes using
styrafoam or other stuff so that they wouldn't crack from the weight? I
lost a few good tomatoes last years because even we you put them just 2
high some of them crack. Hopefully some of yall with have some good
ideas.
Thanks.
Lee

  • Tomato packaging, Lee Brittain, 05/24/2001