market-farming - Re: Slugs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Owsley <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Slugs
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 08:00:53 -0400

Try a mix of vinegar, soap (not dish detergent, but real soap like
Bronner's) and that should make it so the slugs don't stick to the
plants and will fall off in the water. I use this mix to hydro-cool
lettuce that I know is in infested with the slimers and it gets them off
the heads. I don't know if it is the soap or the combo of soap and
vinegar that does it. Salt water also works well but may harm your rootlings.

Oh, I use a tablespoon or 2 of soap and vinegar per sinkful of water of water

--

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt Organics

Looking for a CSA, Farmer's market or other venue for fresh local food?
Check out
http://www.localharvest.com

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong

Voltaire (1694-1778)

  • Slugs, Adriana Gutierrez & Dennis LaGatta, 05/17/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Slugs, Lucy Owsley, 05/17/2001