market-farming - Re: Organic vs. ???

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Organic vs. ???
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 09:47:27 -0500

Alex wrote:
> I'm sure we've all been through the phases of anger, crying and
complaining and appealing to USDA for relief. I think it's time we moved on
to the next phase and combine our energy and resources towards a positive
support of appropriately scaled, people owned agriculture.

Here, here! I'm with you, Alex! We sure as heck can't wait for all the
powers that be to come around to the people's food system - instead we work
to make it a reality. After we get it going, then the powers that be will
jump on the bandwagon, or try to take it over, or whatever - but as long as
we have our goals clearly in front of us, and we work together, we can make
lots of headway. I have seen it done over and over again. It is possible.
We can remake the world.

Jill