market-farming - Effective Micro-organisms (EM)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'market farming' <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, 'SANET Listserv' <SANET-MG AT LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU>
  • Subject: Effective Micro-organisms (EM)
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 08:54:24 -0500

Good morning !

This weekend, one of our customers gave us a book about EM to read, digest
and be able to discuss with him next delivery day. I've gotten through
about 200 pages of it so far. (Our customers introduce us to some different
ideas sometimes)

Does anyone have any practical experience with EM ? It all sounds
interesting, but I'm one of those 'show me the goods' kind of farmers. We'd
be willing to do a side-by-side fields trial with EM and our normal organic
methods (if it didn't cost too much!), but if work has already been done,
we'd like to read the research results. The book was written in 1993 and
made some predictions that I haven't seen happen, but we could certainly
have missed some things.

Thanks !!

Alison Wiediger
Au Naturel Farm
Smiths Grove, KY
http://aunaturelfarm.homestead.com

Alison Wiediger, Technician
Hart County Schools
awiediger AT hart.k12.ky.us

  • Effective Micro-organisms (EM), Wiediger, Alison, 04/23/2001