market-farming - Re: ice maker

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai" <potzkai AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: ice maker
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 06:41:37 -0700

I have 1,000 lettuce plants going in the hydroponic system and 75 cuke plants with thier second set of true leaves...... i wonder if anyone has experience with a small ice maker......
Thanks, Jeff Uhlig Buff Rock Farm

Hi Jeff, how small were you looking for? You can pick up commercial quality ice makers in different sizes at auctions. They come from cafe and restaurant business that have closed down, excellent shape generally and would last longer than a WalMart home use ice maker.

I would like to hear more about your hydroponic system for your lettuce, how big? how much$ to set up? how does it operate? Thanks Jacqueline