market-farming - Re: Rabbits

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai" <potzkai AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Rabbits
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 06:33:36 -0700

We basically decided to take the plunge into rabbits after
studying it for a couple of years and out local USDA rabbit
processor pays $0.87/lb live. Harvest is 6 to 8 weeks and
it's the minimum price we have found.
Marc

Hi Marc, hope you find all the info on rabbits that you need. My husband wanted to get into rabbits as well - so if you get a chance please send us some info too. He wants to go on the value added side of rabbits by selling smoked rabbit meat. Jacqueline