market-farming - Re: greenhouse shade cloth

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: greenhouse shade cloth
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 08:55:33 -0500

Leigh - I got the shade cloth for our hoop house from Stuppy Greenhouse
Mfg., the phone number is: 800-733-5025, I don't see a website in last
year's catalog. Our shade cloth is several years old and we ordered the
exact size we needed and had all sides taped and grommetted. It has
withstood incredible winds, including one that removed the hoophouse from
its base and left it wrapped around a tree. The shade cloth was fine. We
got the shade percentage for lettuce growing and off the top of my head I'm
not sure what that is, maybe 47%, whatever Peaceful Valley recommends in
their catalog. Our shade cloth goes in in May and stays until October. I
cut lettuce out of there into July last year, in 100+ heat in Kansas!

joan
windwalker Farm
ottawa, kansas