market-farming - Re: Question about heating small greenhouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kathy Somers" <SomersFarm AT kingcon.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Question about heating small greenhouse
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:13:13 -0500

Amy,
last year I heated a single wall plastic 12x12 greenhoue with three 1500
watt electric heaters. I kept the heat pretty low at night so that things
would not freeze. It wasn't too economical, but no greenhouse heating is.
There is a company called Southern Burner. They are on the web. I don't
have their address but you could look it up in a search engine. They are
propane unvented heaters which are made specifically for greenhouses.

Kathy in Vermont