market-farming - Re: Pig Weed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Pig Weed
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 10:23:53 -0600

Joan,
Thanks for your advice on the cold frame. I will bring them in tonight. Of
course, now there is no sunny room left for all of them as the peppers have
taken their earlier spots. And I have to start the tomatoes in a few days
at the latest!!!!!

Jill
PS Our farm is called Amaranth Farm - partially because when we first moved
here we planted some amaranth - the grain kind. There are many varieties,
and they are high in nutrition, and really cool. But pigweed is also a
variety of amaranth. And we have plenty of it (pigweed). It is tall, with
a seed head on top, and makes me itch when I brush against it while walking
through the gardens. It is hardy and beautiful, if you can stop yourself
from thinking of it as only a weed for a bit.

  • Pig Weed, pfarms, 03/24/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Pig Weed, HMSTDFRMS, 03/24/2001
    • Re: Pig Weed, Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai, 03/25/2001
    • Re: Pig Weed, Joan Vibert, 03/25/2001
    • Re: Pig Weed, Jill Taylor Bussiere, 03/25/2001