market-farming - Re: Ladybugs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alex McGregor <waldenfarm AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Ladybugs
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 14:17:21 -0500

Jill is right- the ladybugs that over winter in the walls (south side) of
houses
were imported and released. They were thought to have all died off but then
reappeared in huge numbers.

We've had these invade a second story room that faces south. What we did was
open the windows and remove the screens during the day, if it's warm & sunny.
All the little guys want is to get outside and they'll find their way. We
also
found they find they leave faster if it's warmer outside, so we cut off the
heat
to that room.

To avoid them getting in, carefully caulk all the siding laps and around
windows
and doors on the south side of your house.

Alex McGregor
Walden Farm

  • Ladybugs, Jill Taylor Bussiere, 03/25/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Ladybugs, Alex McGregor, 03/25/2001