market-farming - premier fencing systems

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "nan and stewart" <stewart AT watervalley.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: premier fencing systems
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 07:50:27 -0500

RE:  Premier Fencing Systems

At the Heifer Project International headquarters in Rutland,MA (Overlook Farm),
we used their goat/sheep fencing for 240 head of sheep/goats/scotch highland cattle on pasture (rotational grazing).....the head farmer was quite happy with it...

Now by myself in n. mississippi, i bought it to do small scale rotational grazing on my farm (a single person can move 150 foot sections in minutes IF the goats don't play in it, which they LOVE to do)

it's expensive, but worth it depending on your circumstances
they have lots of options, and are sheep herders themselves

  • premier fencing systems, nan and stewart, 02/01/2001