market-farming - Re: greenhouse questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai" <potzkai AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: greenhouse questions
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 14:20:31 -0800

From: Earthfarm1 AT aol.com
To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 09:35:16 EST

Hi Nan,

Thanks for posting this question.

I too have been going through the same frustrating process. It's far more
complex when you have a limited budget:)

Hope this stimulates lots of good discussion so we can all sharpen our
thinking.

One system that I am particularly impressed with and would like to implement
is Eliot Coleman's (author) greenhouse system. He has actually built one that
slides on rails so when it's time to harden plants just moves green house
away a bit longer each day.

But I'd need to find materials, details to build such. I have lots of
question on design, sizing, etc.

All the best. Frank

Hi Frank,

Coleman has also designed a year round system "the Contrary Garden". He's able to provide to the market even during snow, extra bonus - rarely is it heated. View at: www.maine.com/ppandp/features/contrary.htm

Jacqueline

---
You are currently subscribed to market-farming as: potzkai AT hotmail.com
Get the list FAQ at: http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/documents/market-farming.faq