market-farming - Re: Record keeping

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Record keeping
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 20:43:55 -0500

I keep greenhouse wholesale sales on spread sheets only because I need to
keep track of
invoices and who is paid up or not, when the season ends I print out the
record and toss
the spreadsheet, but I have 27 years of vegetable market records in hand
written
notepads, they are messy and worn but more pleasant to look at than perfect
electronic
records, I have seldom looked back to records more than the last year when
planning for
the new season because market sales and volume and crop choices are seldom
the same
after two years, markets are very dynamic and unpredictable...
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton NJ.