market-farming - Speedling Trays vs. TLC Plug Flats

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mike Steinberg" <mstein AT wclynx.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Speedling Trays vs. TLC Plug Flats
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:21:58 -0500

Our farm grows lots of lettuce transplants and we used Speedling
trays(200) this year. The trays are OK but it is difficult to get the
transplants out of the speedlings. We are thinking of using TLC 128 or 200
Plug Flats next season. If you have experience using these flats, or other
suggestions for flats, it would be appreciated. Also, what is a good
reasonable source for TLC plug flats.

Mike
Flying Frog Farm