market-farming - Re: Winter Lettuce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Winter Lettuce
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 21:12:01 -0400

They both do not have web sites, the Nolts are Amish folks be glad they have
a telephone,
BTW just returned from a meeting devoted to overwinter spinach production a
major disease
to look out for is white rust, they recommend a resistant variety called
Vangard also if
you overwinter lettuce don't plant near fence rows because we are having a
virus infection
from aphids that over winter in the fence row debris and move into the
lettuce endive
plants.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.