market-farming - Re: Deer problems - garlic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lyn Milnes" <lynmilnes AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Deer problems - garlic
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 23:07:42 NZST

Hello,
I'm new on this list, from New Zealand where I have some acres and not much time.

I just thought I would comment to Don who spread a sewage plant product near his grapevines then became concerned about it, that I think he was absolutely right to be concerned. In this country, all the filthy heavy industrial chemicals and waste are tipped down the sewers. When they filter off the sewage sludge and try to sell it for paddock-spread or fertiliser or whatever, they are offering us a ripe mix of heavy metals, organo-chlorines, possibly dioxins, PCBs, every nasty the mind can think of.

Best wishes,
Lyn