market-farming - Re: market-farming digest: July 23, 2000

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: marc AT aculink.net
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: market-farming digest: July 23, 2000
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 23:13:41 -0600

I appreciate your concern but please check the Dr. Solomon
or Network Associates/McAfee websites prior to sending these
warnings along.

The bud frogs thing is a hoax virus warning. There is no
such virus. This warning has been circualating for a long
time in it's various forms. I have received warnings of it
at least 2 dozen times.

See:

http://vil.nai.com/villib/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=10579

Please realize these warnings have a pyramid effect that is
passed on in ever increasing numbers and eventually could
theoretically shut the internet down! Fortunately most folks
are in the know about hoax viruses and false alerts and now
you are in the know too.

Dr. Solomon or McAfee/Network Associates. You can access
their free websites at:

http://www.nai.com/
http://www.drsolomon.com/home/home.cfm

Please browse these sites and you'll become fully informed
about real versus hoax viruses.

Sincerely,

Marc S. Nameth

> Subject: Fwd: [Fwd: Fw: READ IMMEDIATELY AND PASS ON]
> From: Tom Kathy Burris <tom_kat_1974 AT yahoo.com>
> Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 17:01:03 -0700 (PDT)
>
> --0-1804289383-964396863=:23864
>
> Note: forwarded message attached.
>
> =====
>
> May you find a clear path on your road of life, hang on and enjoy the ride.
>
> Along the way remember to look for God's signs, he is talking to you at
> ever point along the way,,you just have to be looking!!!!

> Get Yahoo! Mail – Free email you can access from anywhere!
> http://mail.yahoo.com/
> --0-1804289383-964396863=:23864

> From: Cws377 AT aol.com
> Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 18:09:29 EDT
> Subject: Fwd: [Fwd: Fw: READ IMMEDIATELY AND PASS ON]
> To: tom_kat_1974 AT yahoo.com, mconacher AT alltel.net, Poncha4617 AT aol.com,
> irman1 AT gte.net, Jimminney64 AT aol.com, ramjse AT totacc.com
>
> --part1_f2.11dcf4b.26acc719_boundary
>
> <<

  • Re: market-farming digest: July 23, 2000, marc, 07/24/2000