market-farming - Re: Everybody in the 100 mile vicinity of Pueblo, CO?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Everybody in the 100 mile vicinity of Pueblo, CO?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 13:58:28 -0400

At my old farm which is now an interstate highway in Eastern PA.we had a
large cement
plant that was operating cleanly since strick air pollution standards were
inforced, I
assume your plant will be state of art and abide by even stricter standards,
before we had
clean air standards the plant would emit a micro fine lime dust that would
penetrate homes
up to 15 miles down wind you would wake up in the morning with a fine dust on
you bed if
you slept with the window open we looked on the positive side in that we got
a constant
supply of lime on our soils that tested 8 Ph. and grew some of the best
Alfalfa around.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.