market-farming - Re: peat moss substitute

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Glenn <glenn AT smallfarms.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: peat moss substitute
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 09:06:30 -1000

Hi Alex,

What's a "small" quantity for you? Does the coconut fiber need to be
dry or is green acceptable? Give me some specs and I'll be glad to make
some calls and connect you to a local farmer or rancher.

I don't have coconuts at my place (too high in elevation), but many of
the small farmers and ranchers here have left old coconut plantings and
native species in place rather than cleared them off their farms.
Preservation's for personal/family use, cultural/historical reasons, and
most recently out of environmental concerns.

glenn
Buy from the Farmer
http://www.smallfarms.com