market-farming - Re: optimistic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: optimistic
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 21:18:39 -0400

Our produce auction is a farmer owned co-op representing hundreds of
local small to med. size truck farms,most of our local economy is built
on truck farming and the auction is central to our sucess, we bring in a
sample, its bid on then the load is delivered to the buyers loading
area, 3% comm, we recieve a check weekly, we do $40-50 million in sales
each year, we sell every imaginable vegetable in large quanities mostly
to supermarkets,for example we ship up to 500000 crates of parsley each
year, I don't sell much at the auction since most all goes tru my own
markets but the auction is useful when I have too much of something...
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ...