market-farming - Re: Weedwhackers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom Anslow" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Weedwhackers
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 18:19:03 -0400

Allan -- We have a roadside market with a small orchard (~450 trees) and
truck garden. Purchased a 'DR' trimmer (big wheel walk along string
trimmer) and love it. Do not want to herbicide under trees, I bush-hog the
aisles and then the DR gets underneath the trees. Yes, they are costly but
sure do the job and then some.

Tom Anslow
Limerock Orchards and Roadside Market
Port Clinton, Ohio