market-farming - Walla Wallas

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Fellows, Brian" <brian_fellows AT tempe.gov>
  • To: "'market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Walla Wallas
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 15:49:21 -0700

I planted Walla Wallas from seed last fall, and Texas Sweets (I think),
thinking that our hot climate here in Arizona prematurely would kill them,
or stunt them. Well, it's now May 18 and we've had 90+ degree weather for
nearly a month -- 3 of these days over 100. My onions show no sign of heat
stress at all. I haven't harvested yet, so no telling what the things look
like under the ground, but still, I'm impressed.

  • Walla Wallas, Fellows, Brian, 05/18/2000