market-farming - Re: Moving Markets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman-Owsley <goodows AT excite.com>
  • To: Shari Sirkin <sasfarm AT hevanet.com>, market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Moving Markets
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 05:23:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 11 May 2000 23:06:37 -0700 (PDT), Shari Sirkin wrote:

> Hi - you sounded so peaceful...
>
> HOW DID YOU GET RID OF YOUR FLEA BEATLES????

I'm even more peaceful after celebrating my Birthday yesterday by
transplanting 400 odd tomatoes (with a couple hundred more to go plus the
peppers and eggplant...) I feel well used and I feel more than my age ;-)

I controlled the flea beetles witrh a combination of AgriPro 17 row covers
(that are in tatters after 5+ days of high winds) and sticky traps made from
water filled bottles covered with Tanglefoot. During the day the water heats
up and at night the heat attracts the FB's and the stick to death. This is
simple and cheap. Place bottles about every 3 feet in the middle of the bed

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt CSA
New Paris, OH
Website: http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/boulderbeltcsa