market-farming - row covers to control insects (was radishes)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: row covers to control insects (was radishes)
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 18:29:38 -0500

I just transplanted cabbages yesterday afternoon, just in time for the nice
rain.

In the past, I've spent lots of time picking the green worms off the
cabbages, but this year I'm planning to do something different. I'm going
to cover the plants with tulle. It's the filmy, thin fabric used to make
bridal veils. I don't think it will cause any heat build-up, it will let
water and light through, and the moth won't be able to lay her eggs through
it. I hope it works.

Regards,

Marie in Missouri