market-farming - Wanting to go into small vegetable operation to get off welfare!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beryel Cox" <Beryel_cox AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Wanting to go into small vegetable operation to get off welfare!
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 13:46:28

We are wanting to get off of welfare, by going into small acreage vegetable
and poultry farming. We have talked to the local USDA and county extension,
with no luck. They state that we made to little last year because being on
Welfare. The federal government wants people to be off welfare two years
after they go on it, but the USDA does not want welfare receiptants even
once that have gone back to school, to get updated training in tourism and
vegetable science. Does anyone know of a Welfare to work program for small
farming operation at the Federal or state level. Or does anyone have an
opening for a farm family. My wife and I are hardworking traditionalist.

  • Wanting to go into small vegetable operation to get off welfare!, Beryel Cox, 05/09/2000